All Spotify users can now use Alexa in Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, UK and the US.
You need to have a Spotify Premium account to use Spotify with Alexa elsewhere in the world.
Link your Spotify account with Amazon Alexa and use your voice to control your tunes. Or even ask for your favourite podcast.
(Asking Alexa for podcasts on Spotify is only available in the US, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Canada, Brazil, India, Austria, and Ireland).
Once you have linked your account, remember to make Spotify your default music service and then simply say "Alexa" and then, "Play Spotify", or "Resume Spotify" to get the music started.
If you are using Alexa in the US, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, Ireland, or the UK you should also make Spotify your default podcast service to ask Alexa for your favourite podcasts on Spotify.
Or just say "Alexa", then...
- “Play my Discover Weekly”.
- “Turn up the volume”.
- “Play some classical music”.
- “What song is this?”.
- "Play the podcast Mogul on Spotify" (Only available in US, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Canada, Brazil, India, Austria, and Ireland.)
Other features of the Amazon Echo Show include:
- Make video calls to anyone with an Echo Spot, Echo Show or the Alexa app (Skype coming soon).
- Your new kitchen companion-watch recipes, set timers and add items to your shopping list.
- With eight microphones and far-field technology, Alexa can hear you even while music is playing.
- With tens of thousands of skills and counting, Alexa is always getting smarter. Skills are like apps and let you do more with Alexa.