Once you have linked your account, remember to make Spotify your default music service and then simply say "Alexa" and then, "Play Spotify", or "Resume Spotify" to get the music started. If you are using Alexa in the US you should also make Spotify your default podcast service to ask Alexa for your favourite podcasts on Spotify.
Or just say "Alexa", then...
- “Play my Discover Weekly”.
- “Turn up the volume”.
- “Play some classical music”.
- “What song is this?”.
- "Play the podcast Mogul on Spotify" (US users only)
Other features of the Amazon Echo Dot include:
- Amazon Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Spotify. Play music simultaneously across multiple Echo devices and speakers connected via cable with multi-room music (Bluetooth not supported)
- Call or message anyone hands-free who also has an Echo device or the Alexa App. Also, quickly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice
- Controls lights, switches, TVs, thermostats and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Sony, Hive, Netatmo, Nest, tado° and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 microphones for far-field hands-free voice control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled device
- Always getting smarter - Alexa updates through the cloud automatically and is continually learning, adding new features and skills