Once you have linked your account, remember to make Spotify your default music service and then simply say "Alexa" and then, "Play Spotify", or "Resume Spotify" to get the music started. If you are using Alexa in the US you should also make Spotify your default podcast service to ask Alexa for your favourite podcasts on Spotify.
Or just say "Alexa", then...
- “Play my Discover Weekly”.
- “Turn up the volume”.
- “Play some classical music”.
- “What song is this?”.
- "Play the podcast Mogul on Spotify" (US users only)
Other features of the Amazon Echo Plus include:
- Echo Plus has a built-in Zigbee hub to easily set up and control your compatible smart home devices, and an improved sound for streaming music.
- New premium speakers powered by Dolby play 360° audio with crisp vocals and dynamic bass response. You can also adjust equaliser settings within the Alexa app.
- Just ask Alexa to play music, read the news, check weather forecasts, set alarms and timers, control compatible smart home devices, call anyone with an Echo device or the Alexa App (Skype coming soon), and more.
- Set up your smart home without a separate hub. Ask Alexa to control compatible Zigbee smart lights, plugs and more. Echo Plus also includes a built-in temperature sensor.
- Ask Alexa for a song, artist or genre from Spotify. With multi-room music, you can play music on your compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
- Call or message anyone with an Echo device or the Alexa App hands-free (Skype coming soon). Instantly drop in on other rooms in your home or make an announcement to every room with a compatible Echo device.
- With seven microphones, beam-forming technology and noise cancellation, Echo Plus hears you from any direction - even while music is playing.